Bat-Wings: How To Lose It
Gastric-bypass surgery is just the first step many morbidly obese patients take in making overs in their entire body. The dreaded “bat-wings” is one residue of massive weight loss
You know what I am talking about-that skin of the upper arm that hangs like bat wings if you spread your arms wide ready to fly. Wave your hand and the waves of the bat-wing too. For some people after massive weight loss there is so much skin it’s hard to find shirts with fitting sleeves, and worse, wearing sleeveless shirts is embarrassing.
What to do?
The first line of defence is to engage in weight or strength training during the rapid weight loss process. Most patients report adequate upper arms skin shrinkage when they have undergone lightweight loss exercise.
The best movements for firming the upper arms are bicep raises and tricep pulldowns.
Arm training takes minimum equipment and limited space (2 light dumbbells 3-5 lbs each).
It should be remembered that the younger the patient, and the fewer times they have seen significant changes in weight, the better chance they have of toning and exercising their muscles.
So, for doing exercise, that doesn’t let older patients off the hook-it just offers a little more motivation to younger people undergoing surgery for weight loss.
Another exercise option for bat-wings is using a power spin bingo wing buster
- Power spin is the revolutionary new exercise workout that could change the way you train forever! Designed to increase workout efficiency the Powerspin will give you better results in a shorter space of time by applying science to the way you train.
- Ladies say goodbye to those saggy bat-wings and flaunt a newly toned, slender physique while men dig-out those tight-fitting t-shirts and celebrate the opening of the gun show! From the moment you pick-up and spin you will train harder within a shorter period of time than you ever thought possible, providing the ideal workout :
When to use it
Power spin can be as easy or as difficult as you like, the harder it works the harder you work making this a perfect workout solution for the whole family. There is no age barrier to Powerspin, from children to grandparents, from fanatics to first-time users this amazing device is suitable for everyone.
Power spin can give you the workout you require generating up to 2000 times its own body-weight, you need never be bored with the inflexibility of a dumbbell again! Power spin is as fun or as serious as you can make it, we all have our own specific goals and targets :
- Build muscle and strength
- Create a toned body
- Recovery from muscle and tendon damage
- Safe rehabilitation for arthritis, frozen shoulder and carpal tunnel
How it Works
Power spin works your muscles isometrically, encouraging the recruitment of more muscle fibre which research has proven to be a far more effective method of exercise when compared to the more traditional gym-based workouts. Give Powerspin a try today, what have you got to lose?
- Portable – small and light, it fits anywhere
- Fit and Happy – great fun can be used by anyone at anytime
- Grab and Spin – at home, work or any place in between
- Flexible – couch athlete, the one device you could actually use during that TV ad break
The next choice which is not very probable is liposuction. Lipo is only appropriate when a lot of fat is present, and the skin is tight. The lipo sucks the fat out and enables the skin to shrink.
For most weight loss patients, this is not plausible, because they have already lost the fat leaving an empty balloon of upper arm skin.
The last resort is the $5,000 arm lift or brachioplasty Brachioplasty, which is a surgical procedure that removes the upper arm’s excess skin.
Incisions and Scars in Arm Lift
Scars reflect this operation’s biggest downside. They can run around the inside of the arm from the armpit to the elbow. This technique swaps one cosmetic (loose skin) issue for another (scars). Those with very loose saggy skin are usually more likely to find this exchange worthwhile. Those with a small amount of looseness are not likely to want the marks.