Shaping up does not have to cost a lot of money. It can be as simple-and inexpensive-as making small lifestyle changes.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Why not skip watching TV for one night and go for a walk with a friend? Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and the easiest to do.
2. Do your own yard work. Pushing a manual mower and raking leaves burns hundreds of calories and can save you $100 or more every month.
3. Wash and wax your own car to save dollars and burn calories.
4. Do your own housework. It burns between 140 and 400 calories a day and can save you the money you would spend hiring help. Thirty minutes of window washing burns 100 calories.
5. Consider a health care discount program like HealthSaver, which has teamed up with Jenny Craig to offer great savings on a variety of weight loss programs.