What you need to know about flying on a budget
Travelling is generally considered one of the most expensive events in their lives. But that may prove wrong. A bit of judicious and careful preparation can save enormous expenses without dramatically sacrificing the fun and joy of your travel. There are different ways of doing that.
1. What you need to do first is to plan your budget-how much the maximum you will spend on your vacation, and what the minimum you want to eat.
2. The second best thing is to choose the season you want to go to. If this is an off-season, don’t hesitate to pack your bags. For not many people travel to that place during the off-season. Unlike winter and rainy seasons, the beach areas are known to be off-seasons. The hotel costs, the availability of rooms and reservations etc. will all be conveniently available at this time and at considerably lower prices as well.
3. For example, if you are a student who wants to enjoy a good and cheap holiday and looks forward to accommodation, the best thing you can do is choose a hostel or pitch your tent. Tents can be pitched on those recreational grounds where such stays are welcome. That saves the enormous amount you would have to spend on a hotel room for your stay.
4. Even if you travel home, don’t be afraid to seek discounts. There are many discounts available during the off-season. These are intended to attract even off-season customers. These discounts are supported by numerous travel agencies (which offer excellent cheap package tours), hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, etc.. Tell them about these helpful deals if you intend to go through a travel agency, and make use of them.
5. If you think a car will drive the distance and you don’t need any travel agency then you’d prefer to take your own vehicle. Car rentals can be a bit more expensive. Try to work on and reduce gasoline consumption (like less air conditioner and excess velocity etc.). For gasoline is expensive, and the cost varies by state. The easiest way to travel locally, however, is to catch a bus or train. For that protects you from driving weariness and fuel costs as well as the one for your car’s wear and tear.
6. If you are proposing to make an international move, i.e. take a destination abroad, a travel agent would be the finest thing. An employee can be of help to you in several respects. Ask your agent to go for those airlines offering a good discount and such deals as booking your accommodation etc. Try not to make any last-minute reservations because they are most often pricey and you might not even find a seat.
7. When you settle on the dates to fly, you can also search the Internet for different destinations. Searching the Internet can be very useful in finding the right accommodation and eating joints that suit your budget. Always try to know something about the location you’re going to, about the home life. This can later save you from many troubles. Like if you have an idea of a restaurant hogged by local residents, you’ve made your journey relatively free of food expenditure.
8. Last but not least, make sure that you have received travel insurance. It insurance will pay for your fights cancelled, medical expenses, luggage lost etc. Travel insurance companies also offer various concessions particularly when travelling internationally. During your trip travel insurance is the best for your safety and happiness.
Just a little budget travel plan and work inside your pocket will have a wonderful journey.